Tuesday, November 6, 2012

EDEA 604 Blog 9: Thoughts of Qualitative Methods

This semester has truly gone by and I remember like the first day of class was only yesterday.  Remembering that I choose qualitative methods, because I didn't want to work with numbers, so therefore it would be a lot easier to work with.  I guess I'm still grateful for taking qualitative methods.  Even though qualitative methods are very flexible and isn't constrained, it is still challenging and requires greater in-depth thinking.

This definitely a vital class to have, although, there is so much more that needs to be learned.  I know I've read the chapters and did the assignments, but I really need to take this class like at least 3 more times to better understand qualitative methods.  I think only than, can I really feel more confident in developing qualitative research proposals and then conducting them.

I also feel that qualitative is more personal and not a step-away from people.  I really like the in-depth knowledge.  And it is greatly beneficial as an inspiring Indigenous scholar.  Many books about Indigenous research and methodologies are available and are written by Indigenous scholars. I am interested in reading those books in hopes of understanding qualitative methods from an Indigenous perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment