Sunday, February 3, 2013

Spring 2013 - The Last Semester

Spring 2013 - the semester I have long awaited for to graduate with my Masters of Education in Educational Administration.  It's been a pretty long 2 years now, but now it is towards the end, time has gone by fast.  So, it's my last semester!!! CHHEEEE HEEE!!! This semester, I have a lot on my plate.  I have to complete my internship hours from last semester, complete our research project, work on my master's project and taking two classes: EDEA 662 Curriculum in Higher Education and EDEA 663 Community College Leadership.  I don't have to take 662, but I really wanted to, because of my interest in hopefully "Indigenizing" the curriculum at the College of Education (in my future).

On top of that, I also have my graduate assistant position with Puʻuhonua: Hale for Native Hawaiian Student Support, Office for Student Academic Services at COE.  Love my GA position and working at OSAS with awesome people!!!  The environment is very awesome!

With these being said, the next question is what will I do next? PhD is always the first thought.  I definitely have my priority set for a PhD, but my interests lie outside of UHM and outside of Hawaiʻi.  So, my current working plan (and some people will say it's crazy) is to obtain another Masters in Educational Technology.  Another 2 years, yeap, it's the least favorite thing to do, when I could try to get my PhD.  My answer: I would like to get my PhD from Aotearoa.  So, I'll spend the next 2 years, because I will complete it in two, getting another degree - saving up for that PhD.  All the while, if I can still continue as a GA, or even better, get a permanent job at UHM.

No comments:

Post a Comment